Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Friday, April 17, 2015



Hi Everyone!

I am actually LOVING the MTC (Missionary Training Center)! I've really enjoyed classes and my teachers are really good. The Spirit at the MTC is so strong and I have absolutely loved my time here so far. It is certainly different but I already feel closer to Christ having been here only a few days and learned so much. I know that coming here was not a mistake. I know that I am meant to share the gospel with these people at this time. 

My companions and I are getting along really well. I'm in a trio! Sister MacMillan is from South Africa so she's got a really awesome accent! She's brilliant and an amazing example to me. And Sister Serdar is from Sandy, Utah. She's got such a sweet spirit and such a passion for sharing the gospel. We've been able to teach a few investigators already which was initially daunting but we're now getting a lot more comfortable with it. My district is great, too! The elders are all going to Detroit. 

The food is actually really good! We actually had all three meals on Sunday, so no starving in district 66 A! We had a really cool music fireside from the BYU Men's Chorus, which was amazing! They sang a bunch of songs having to do with deliverance. They even sang songs from "The Prince of Egypt." Seriously, AMAZING! 

The schedule is pretty standard i guess. Tuesday is my p-day (day to do laundry, email home, etc.). 

We're already teaching three investigators, so thats cool. (Investigators are what we call people who are interested in learning more about the gospel of Jesus Christ and are taking lessons from the missionaries). Every time i think of the word investigator or write it, I think of the alligator in a vest! haha (When Ali was on her mission, Mom sent her a stuffed animal alligator in a vest with the quote, "What do you call an alligator in a vest? An investigator!")

We went on a walk around the temple which was nice and we get to do a session at the temple this afternoon! CAN. NOT. WAIT. 

I'm so glad Ethel was at church and doing well!
I'm sorry to hear about Nancy. Please tell her that I will be praying for her!
Yay for Hong Kong!! Jefferson will do great! 

Thank you for all of your love, prayers and support. Thank you for teaching me to live and love the gospel as you do.
Love,
Sister Atkinson
Sister Atkinson with her two MTC companions!
(Sister Serdar and Sister MacMillan)

No comments:

Post a Comment