Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Thursday, July 2, 2015

 Hello my friends! It has been an extremely wonderful and eventful week.
- As we were leaving a neighborhood to continue visiting people we came upon some ducks in the middle of the road. Unfortunately, there weren't crossing the road. They were walking right in front of us. So Sister Fernandez decided to clear the way for us. 
- I found a cotton tree. 

- At the transfer, we got a different car with a bike rack on it. It previously belonged to the zone leaders. Here's Sister Fernandez trying to figure out how to put a member's bike on the bike rack.


- Sister Fernandez and I celebrated her year mark by getting ourselves some hot chocolate.

A member happened to have this book!! Of course, I HAD to take a picture with it. And Sister Fernandez photo bombing like a boss. #americanized 


-Unfortunately, my knee hasn't quite healed up yet, but it's not slowing us down too much. 



We're teaching some great investigators and we have a baptism coming up! Our wonderful investigator, Kristina is getting baptized Saturday and we are just over the moon about it! We are hoping that her family will soon follow her incredible example. We're teaching two others that are really progressing and several others that look very promising. 
- Something that I've been doing lately is choosing a scripture to memorize and then apply throughout my week. It has made a HUGE difference in my work as a missionary and a person. For example, this week I decided to memorize and apply doctrine and covenants 35:8. "For I am God and mine arm is not shortened; and I will show miracles, signs, and wonders, unto all those who believe on my name." I decided to pray for those miracles, signs and wonders and really look out for them each day. And I found them! Some were big and others were small but they were there. I would like to invite each of you to try it. I can promise you that by doing so you can learn more about yourself, others and the Savior. By studying even one scripture and applying the principles into your daily life, you can feel the presence of Christ and the Holy Ghost more in your life. I love the gospel, I love my Savior and I love this work. Let's all continue to do our best in moving it forward!
I love and miss you all and thank you for all of your continuous love, encouragement, prayers and support.
Sister A

No comments:

Post a Comment