Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Hello my wonderful friends and family! 
It has been yet another great week and I'm SO excited to tell you about it! 
- I got to participate in a little jam session with a few people from the ward and their musician friends. (Great missionary opportunity). They were sweet enough to include a familiar tune in the set list just for me! Not gonna lie, I got a little choked up while singing this one. Enjoy!! 

- We had Zone Conference this last week which was great! I learned so much and have enjoyed applying those things into each day. One thing that we talked a lot about was faith. They emphasized it so much that I left the meeting thinking "I'm going to have more faith! I'm going to exercise more faith!" The next day my companion and I were visiting people and came to a cute little blue house. As we pulled up she said, "Oh we've tried to visit here several times but no one ever answers the door." Remembering that I was going to try to have more faith, I said "Well maybe this time will be different." We knocked on the door and not only were they home but they invited us in! This was an investigator couple that had met the missionaries only once before when they visited St George, Utah and visited the temple grounds about two or three years ago. It's also fairly uncommon for anyone to let us in, seeing as most just talk to us on the doorstep. We ended up having THE BEST conversation about temples and families. We got to share the Proclamation to the Family with them and discuss how families can be together not just for time but for eternity. It was one of the best and most spiritual experiences I have had on my mission so far. Once we left and throughout the day, I thought about my experience receiving my endowment with my family and then being able to see my mother get sealed for time and eternity to her parents all in the same day. I just want to tell you that I know that families really can be together for eternity. I know that this gospel is true and that with this gospel we can be better and happier as individuals and as families. I can also tell you that having faith AND exercising that faith is what can bring about true miracles in our lives. 
Love and miss you all! Sister A

No comments:

Post a Comment