Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Thursday, November 12, 2015

"If O'er See Or Land I Roam Still I Think Of Happy Home And My Friends Among Those West Virginia Hills "


11/8/15


Hello my beautiful friends and family!

First of all, THIS HAPPENED! It's official, I AM IN AUSTRALIA!!!!!

Now the biggest news of all-
As many of you know, my knee has been giving me some trouble. It was recommended by the dotor and confirmed on Friday that I will be going home to recieve treatment. They have recommended at least 6 weeks of physical therapy and possibly surgery. I will leave a week from Wednesday, but THIS WILL BE MY FINAL EMAIL FOR NOW.
When my mission president told me, I was devastated. I knew that it could be an option, but I was hoping that I could stay in this great place with these beautiful people. I definitely cried but I also felt peace. "Learn of me, listen to my words, walk in the meekness of my Spirit and you shall have peace in me." That is what came to my mind. Over and over again.
While it pains me to leave Australia and this great work for a time, I wouldn't trade the last 7 months for a thing.
I want to thank each and every one of you for all of the love, prayers, encouragement and support.
Australia, God be with you till we meet again.

Sister A


P.S. Also, last night was the musical fireside that I had been putting together. It was BEAUTIFUL! Everyone did SO well and I felt the stronget Spirirt so far on my mission.
And- JACK IS GETTING BAPTIZED THIS SATURDAY. He has asked me to sing and I feel so privileged to be able to do that. I am so excited for him and I know that Heavenly Father is SO proud of him for making this decision and step in his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment