Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Thursday, November 12, 2015

"Shall We Not Go On In So Great A Cause?" Doctrine and Covenants 128:22

10/19/15
Hello everyone!
This week was a slow one. Although we set a goal to teach two lessons a day and were able to come very close to reaching that goal, we found many investigators and less actives unavailable. Many were either not home or did not have time to see us. Although we were saddened, we kept our chins up and were still able to teach those lessons. This week we are shooting for three lessons a day. Sister Salts and I are very excited to keep working and stretching ourselves.
We are also putting together a ward musical fireside and are extremely excited about it! It will be about the life of the Savior as told through scripture and song. We were struggling to get people involved at first, but things are picking up and we couldn't be happier! We are excited for this opportunity to have the ward involved and to invite members and non members alike to feel the Spirit and to learn of the Savior.
Each day I am learning more and more about the gospel and what The Lord wants for me. One of my FAVORITE scriptures is "for whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it." I can't say that I have completely lost myself in this work, but I feel myself coming closer to that point everyday.
The gospel is great! It brings happiness, peace, comfort and direction in an ever changing world. It is true and I love it! For those members out there, keep living and loving it! For the non members, check it out at lds.org or mormon.org.
Peace be your journey,
Sister A

No comments:

Post a Comment