Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Thursday, November 12, 2015

"Oh This Would Never Happen In Idaho!"

11/1/15

Hello everyone!
Apologies for not writing last week. It has been the busiest and craziest week yet! ANd here is why:
My knee was playing up again last week and I was having a hard time getting around. So Sister Salts and I were given a third sister, Sister Toame. She's from Vanuatu, an island near Fiji and she is just darling! Wonderful missionary and the sweetest thing. We became a trio so that they could continue to teach and so that I could rest my knee with members. However, President and Sister Back (my mission president and his wife) decided that it would be better for me to be transfered into an area that had a car available. So I have now been emergency transfered- again- back to Liverpool 1st!!!! This was my first area that I was emergency transfered out of. If that weren't crazy enough, I am in a trio with Sister MacMillan, my MTC companion and Sister Tau, my third companion in Liverpool 1st before I got emergency transfered! Like I said, craziest week yet!!!
With all of these changes, I've been doing a lot of thinking. Mostly I've been thinking of how much God loves us. Each and every one of us. One of my favorite scriptures is 1 Nephi 11:16-17. Nephi is asked "Knowest thou the condescenion of God?" Or in other words "Do you know or understand God?" And Nephi answers by saying "I know that He loveth His children, nevertheless I do not know the meaning of all things." I also know that God loves His children. I know that we don't know or understand everything and we don't have to. If we cling to that eternal and unchanging truth that God loves evry single one of us, then we can find hope, comfort and peace in this life and in every circumstance, whatever it may be.
Thank you ALL for your continued love, prayers, support and encouragement.
Peace be your journey,
Sister A

No comments:

Post a Comment